Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2017/08/26 18:15:38 UTC

committee-info.txt and projectName.rdf redundancy

Hi,

Why is there a redundancy with committee-info.txt and projectName.rdf files at comdev\projects.apache.org\data\committees ?

Thanks

Jacques

Re: committee-info.txt and projectName.rdf redundancy

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
the projectName.rdf is used by projects.a.o [1]: need to dig more into
parsecommitteeinfo.py script to see which field is taken from .rdf and which
one is from committee info

Regards,

Hervé

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/comdev/projects.apache.org/scripts/
README.txt

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 28 August 2017 at 08:40, Jacques Le Roux
<ja...@les7arts.com> wrote:
> Thanks Hervé,
>
> Actually the redundancy is in the content of the files. Both gives
> information about the PMC (mostly for the files in
> comdev\projects.apache.org\data\committees).
>
> So you have to maintain both, but I understand why now.
>
> The committee-info.txt serves as a reference. Do  you know if the
> projectName.rdf is used by an ASF mechanism, for a content integration
> somewhere?

It's used by projects.a.o and/or reporter.a.o.
The sites have links to the code.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Hervé,

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.