Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nicola Benaglia <ni...@tecno-progetti.eu> on 2008/05/08 12:02:10 UTC

distribute maven project with lib not in a repo

Hi,
I should distribute a maven project which requires some libs at runtime
not contained in a maven repos.
What best practices should I follow? I think it's a common problem; not
all projects are "mavenized" (yet).
1. distribute these libs and suggest to use mvn install:install-file ?
2. put libs in a /lib directory and use dependency system-scope inside
the pom.xml ? but this requires an absolute path, and I don't know where
the user put the project.

Any suggestion?

Thank you,
nicola

Re: distribute maven project with lib not in a repo

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Option 1 is what most people will pick to solve this problem.

Alternatively, you can set up a Maven Repo yourself (with Archiva,
Nexus, Artifactory, etc) and add that lib to the repo, then add the
repo to the pom and it should be retrieved and used automatically. If
you are only dealing with internal customers, this is an easy option
for most people.

Wayne