Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by William Lee <wl...@sendmail.com> on 2002/04/15 23:49:02 UTC

intake failutre for Turbine 2.2b1

I'm currently migrating from Turbine 2.1 to 2.2b1.  I've gotten this
error in the log and I would like to figure out why.  I'm still using
Turbine's intake service (not the Fulcrum onet yet) and I got the following:

[Mon Apr 15 14:37:29 PDT 2002] -- ERROR --
         Exception:
org.apache.turbine.services.InitializationException:
TurbineIntakeService failed to initialize: java.lang.NullPointerException
         Stack Trace follows:
         java.net.MalformedURLException: java.lang.NullPointerException
         at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java(Compiled Code))
         at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java(Compiled Code))
         at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:344)
         at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:731)
         at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startDTDEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:691)
         at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDTDScannerImpl.setInputSource(XMLDTDScannerImpl.java:258)
         at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$DTDDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:811)
         at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:333)
         at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration.parse(StandardParserConfiguration.java:525)
         at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.StandardParserConfiguration.parse(StandardParserConfiguration.java:581)
         at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:147)
         at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1157)
         at
org.apache.turbine.services.intake.transform.XmlToAppData.parseFile(XmlToAppData.java:136)
         at
org.apache.turbine.services.intake.transform.XmlToAppData.parseFile(XmlToAppData.java:106)
         at
org.apache.turbine.services.intake.TurbineIntakeService.writeAppData(TurbineIntakeService.java:240)
         at
org.apache.turbine.services.intake.TurbineIntakeService.init(TurbineIntakeService.java:189)

....  There are more messages ....

Can somebody  give some light on what's going on?  What URL is it trying
to parse?

--
William Lee (Will)        | Sendmail Inc.
Email:  wlee@sendmail.com | http://www.sendmail.com

Re: intake failutre for Turbine 2.2b1

Posted by William Lee <wl...@sendmail.com>.
John McNally wrote:
> William Lee wrote:
>

>>Well, it's essentially the old one that I tested against Turbine 2.1.
>>Where is the intake.dtd packaged btw?
>

> org/apache/fulcrum/intake/transform/intake.dtd
>

> john mcnally

Ooo... It doesn't seem to be in the fulcrum 3.0b1 jar file, nor it's
part of the source package of fulcrum.  Turbine 2.2b1's jar also doesn't
have this file.  It is in the old 2.1 jar though.

Actually I'm still using old Turbine's intake before I do the migration
to fulcrum, so I think the old DTDResolver code in Turbine can't really
get the resource from the jar file (I think it just references
"intake.dtd").

For now, I'm turning off the doctype line (no validation) in my
intake.xml and it seems to proceed all right.  This is, of course, not
the ideal thing to do.  Is beta 2 going to come along relatively soon,
or should I dig my head into the CVS HEAD for now?

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.

Posted by William Lee <wl...@sendmail.com>.
John McNally wrote:
> It should not be going to the turbine site, except possibly in an unusal
> situation. the dtd is packaged inside the jar.  Though the url given in
> the xml doc should point to the turbine site.
>
> That is likely it.  There is no longer conditional validation, you must
> reference the dtd in your
> xml file.
>
> john mcnally

Here is my intake.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no" ?>
<!DOCTYPE input-data SYSTEM
           "http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/dtd/intake.dtd">

<input-data basePackage="com.sendmail.gui.vcube.samples.listeditor.">

<group name="Login" key="login">

   <field name="Login" key="l" type="String">
     <rule name="mask" value="[a-zA-Z.@0-9]+">TEXT.requireLogin</rule>
     <required-message>TEXT.requireLogin</required-message>
   </field>

   <field name="Password" key="p" type="String">
     <required-message>TEXT.requireLogin</required-message>
   </field>

</group>

</input-data>

Well, it's essentially the old one that I tested against Turbine 2.1.
Where is the intake.dtd packaged btw?  I can't seem to find it in the jars.

I'm connected to the internet BTW...  I can use a wget and get the
intake.dtd from Turbine's site.

Posted by hgz <hg...@unixsky.com>.
Hello,
    any one knows how to use turbine with freemarker,thanks.

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.

Posted by Kurt Schrader <ks...@engin.umich.edu>.