Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Sachin Jain <sa...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/19 13:10:10 UTC

Change delimiter in column qualifier

Hi,

I am using hbase in a system which does not allow using colon between
column name and column family. Is there any configuration where we an
provide hbase to use underscore (_) as delimiter instead of colon (:)
between name and family ?

Thanks
-Sachin

Re: Change delimiter in column qualifier

Posted by Sachin Jain <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ted,

This is a problem with GET request and we are inside Informatica system
which does not allow/read any character except a-zA-Z0-9 and Underscore
(_). I was wondering if we can override the delimiter (:) with underscore
by some configuration then our query result will be parsed by informatica
connector.

I do not want to go into much details about informatica connector and all.
Just wanted to know if we can somehow override the colon delim with
underscore using some configuration.

Thanks
-Sachin

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.