Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by co...@apache.org on 1999/05/05 23:05:18 UTC

Re: general/2629: apachectl "fibs" about starting httpd

Synopsis: apachectl "fibs" about starting httpd

State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
State-Changed-By: coar
State-Changed-When: Wed May  5 14:05:08 PDT 1999
State-Changed-Why:

I'm not sure I agree.  Strictly speaking, the message is
accurate; the server *did* get off the ground.  Dying
immediately thereafter is different from never having
lived at all.  Where is the threshold?  How does this
differ from the server dying an hour later?  In either case
the cause of its non-running state is in the error log,
which may or may not be the case for an error during the
actual startup.