Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Giuseppe Mascolo <gi...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/06 20:58:59 UTC

Info about OpenMeetings

Hi Guys

here is an italian website/builder freelancer. Nice to read you! :)

One of my customer asked me a price quotation for a web conference system
for his small business.

I find out your project "OPEN MEETINGS" and I make a few experiment with
the software on my server.

I have some question for you, that if can you help me i will better
understand the potential of the program.

Here the questions:
- Can I install OM on some distribution of UBUNTU?

- Can you recommend some webcam and microphone for using OM with ubuntu?

- I want integrate OM with a website built with wordpress: is there some
plugin (free or commercial) that will be fine for that?Which?

- is there an application (free or commercial - app for smarthpone or
tablet, android or IOS) that words fine with OM?

Thanks for your attention, I hope to read you soon.

Have a nice day!

Giuseppe from Italy.

Re: Info about OpenMeetings

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Giuseppe,

Welcome to the list :)
OpenMeetings development" and not for "Questions addressed to developes"

According to your questions:
1) "Can I install OM on some distribution of UBUNTU?"
Sure, here are the instructions:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENMEETINGS/Tutorials+for+installing+OpenMeetings+and+Tools

2) "Can you recommend some webcam and microphone for using OM with ubuntu?"
I would recommend headset "headphones+microphone" this will reduce the
noise during conferencing
According to camera, you can check it using our demo servers :)

3) "integrate OM with a website built with wordpress"
The only plugin I know is commercial, please contact om.unipro@gmail.com
for details

4) there is Android app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.org.apache.openmeetings.OmMobile