Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Anup Chandran <an...@3ds.com> on 2008/02/05 16:37:04 UTC

Building Graphical Process Monitor

Hi All,

Is there an API in ODE which can be used by client applications to render a
graphical view of the process instance?

Cheers
Anup

Re: Building Graphical Process Monitor

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
On 2/5/08, Anup Chandran <an...@3ds.com> wrote:

> Is there an API in ODE which can be used by client applications to render
> graphical view of the process instance?

Not directly, as Ode is oblivious to the graphical representation of
processes.  You can use Ode's process management APIs to query the process
state, and from there project this information onto a graphical model (e.g.
BPEL tree view, BPMN graph view, etc.)

alex

Re: Building Graphical Process Monitor

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anup,

sorry, the impl it not (yet) publicly available. The OModel is located
in bpel-obj/org.apache.ode.bpel.o.*
It's basically the runtime model and is the result of the compilation
of a BPEL process. It introduces some abstractions that make
navigation easier (like converting <receive> activities to
<pick>/<onMessage>).

hth,
  Tammo

Posted by Anup Chandran <an...@3ds.com>.
Thanks Tammo...

Posted by Anup Chandran <an...@3ds.com>.
Tammo,

sorry can i have a link / doc if any to this impl.

what is OModel and where can i learn more about it?

Thanks
Anup

Posted by Paul Brown <pa...@gmail.com>.
Tammo --