Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Janet Kostrevski <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/17 15:01:41 UTC

Licensing questions

My name is Janet Kostrevski.
I found this email address in the Batik's website.
I would like to kindly ask you to direct me to the right email address, in
order to do some questions about the licensees of Batik.
Thank You in advance.

Kind regards,
Janet

Re: Licensing questions

Posted by Helder Magalhães <he...@gmail.com>.
> My name is Janet Kostrevski.

Hi Janet,

> I found this email address in the Batik's website.

Please never send this kind of messages to
"batik-users-subscribe@xmlgraphics.apache.org". If you read carefully,
you'll see that it is reserved for subscription to the batik-users
mailing list.

> I would like to kindly ask you to direct me to the right email address, in
> order to do some questions about the licensees of Batik.

If you crawl through the mailing list and Batik/Apache Software
Foundation sites, I'm sure you'll find the right answer. Either way,
here goes a set of pointers:
 * The Batik license [1] (Apache License, Version 2.0);
 * A human-readable summary [2] of the Apache License, Version 2.0 -
this doesn't free you from the legal understanding of the whole
license [1] but helps a bit, specially if you have no legal
background). ;-)

If you still have doubts, you may also try to use the developers
mailing list (batik-dev@) although most/all developers watch this

> Thank You in advance.
>
> Kind regards,
> Janet