Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Bob <bo...@mroczka.com> on 2019/11/26 01:26:44 UTC

proposal/idea for enhancement to log4j audit

I would like to propose an enhancement to allow the catalog to be
extended to include 'properties' for events.

A property being an attribute with an assigned value that would get
added to the event when it is either instantiated or at the time
logEvent is called.

The reason I'm looking to do this is I would like to assign custom event
ids to my events.  I have defined an eventId attribute as required for
all the events for my application.

Instead of having users of my audit-service-api.jar set eventId I would
like to have this done behind the scenes.

I hope this doesn't sound too off the wall.  I'm no java expert by any
stretch of the imagination but if you could provide some guidance on a
proper way of implementing this I'd like to get an idea.

Thanks.

Bob