Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Leon Pu <le...@yahoo.com.cn> on 2005/08/22 14:55:35 UTC

Compile jsp in Ant

Hi all,

I found I have to put jasper-compiler.jar jasper-runtime.jar and
servlet.jar into CLASSPATH, otherwise the jsp compile will be failed.

I tried to put preceding three jars into Ant's lib directory, but it
doesn't work.

My first question is what's the differences of system's CLASSPATH and
Ant's lib directory?

Another question is Ant cannot compile jsp under Tomcat 5.x's jsp and
servlet jars, so how can I compile the jsps which will be deployed to
Tomcat 5.x?

Best regards,
Leon

Re: Compile jsp in Ant

Posted by Leon Pu <le...@yahoo.com.cn>.
Hi all,

not only jasper-compiler.jar jasper-runtime.jar and servlet.jar, the
ant.jar also need to be put into CLASSPATH. Without these four jars,
the jsp compile will failed with java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError.

It's weird to me, why do I have to put these jars into CLASSPATH?

Best regards,
Leon