Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by shane knapp <sk...@berkeley.edu> on 2018/08/13 20:14:59 UTC

[discuss][minor] impending python 3.x jenkins upgrade... 3.5.x? 3.6.x?

hey everyone!

i was checking out the EOL/release cycle for python 3.5 and it looks like
we'll have 3.5.6 released in early 2019.

this got me to thinking:  instead of 3.5, what about 3.6?

i looked around, and according to the 'docs' and 'collective wisdom of the
internets', 3.5 and 3.6 should be fully backwards-compatible w/3.4.

of course, this needs to be taken w/a grain of salt, as we're mostly
focused on actual python package requirements, rather than worrying about
core python functionality.

thoughts?  comments?

thanks in advance,

shane
--
Shane Knapp
UC Berkeley EECS Research / RISELab Staff Technical Lead

Re: [discuss][minor] impending python 3.x jenkins upgrade... 3.5.x? 3.6.x?

Posted by shane knapp <sk...@berkeley.edu>.
i'll start my testing w/3.6 tomorrow.

Posted by Li Jin <ic...@gmail.com>.

Posted by shane knapp <sk...@berkeley.edu>.