Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Olga Uskova <ol...@common-sense.com> on 2000/03/13 02:10:47 UTC

getParameter in servlets

Hi,

I realize that this question has been already discussed, but I still
have not found a definite solution. I have Apache 1.3.9 + Tomcat 3.0
running on both Windows NT and RedHat Linux. I got all my servlets and
jsp pages working on Windows NT, but on Linux with compatible
configuration I get some "Broken Pipe" errors and my servlets and jsps
do not work. In all of them I am using getParameter method. I understand
that there are problems with getParameter.
How can I change my servlets to get them to run on Linux?

Thank you,
Olga

Re: getParameter in servlets

Posted by Co...@eng.sun.com.
> I'm getting the "broken pipe" error on Solaris as well.
>
> Derek

Great! Again - it's probably a feature, not a bug. Do you get stack
traces? ( you shouldn't if the pipe is broken outside your servlet, i.e if
you get a stack trace and your servlet is not in the trace - please send
me the trace with the line numbers inside ).

A broken pipe means something happened - either the user clicked "stop" or
the network connection is bad. It's important to report this - it it
happens frequently that means you have problems and you should investigate
it ! It's up to you to ignore them, but tomcat needs to report.

Costin

Re: getParameter in servlets

Posted by Derek DeMoro <dd...@home.com>.