Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/14 18:57:35 UTC

question about thread pools

I had a quick question about handing exchanges asynchronously for long
running tasks.  Let's say I had an exchange come in, that was requesting a
bunch of work to be done that could be parallelized (I think that's a
word).  Would I take advantage of the threadpool in servicemix, from inside
my component?  or would I want to use my own thread pool to keep from tying
up the servicemix thread pool?  Would there be any portability implications
either way?

Thanks for any input!
Ryan

Re: question about thread pools

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.
When I think about.. maybe I'm thinking about this the wrong way again.. is
what I'm talking about effectively just using asynchronous exchanges, since
each exchange that is returned to my service unit asynchronously, it will be
a different thread.