Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dave Newton <da...@solaraccess.com> on 2003/04/11 21:54:30 UTC

rc1 server-side validation working... sometimes?!

Hola,

I've been told that my server-side validation only works on some
browsers... Here's the browsers I know about so far:

WORKS                         NO WORKEE
Netscape 6.2 (Mac)            lynx (Mac, linux)
Galeon (Linux)                Konqueror (linux)
Safari (Mac beta)             Microsoft IE (Mac)
Microsoft IE (Winders)

This baffles me for the obvious reasons.

I'm using a stock DynaValidatorActionForm with all Strings (and two
Booleans). I'm manually calling the validate function on a POST.
Everything is happening in the right order at the right time (and indeed
works in its entirety on some browsers) but even with a completely
unfilled form on the broken browsers it says everything is fine and
blithely redirects me to the success page after creating an entirely
bogus database entry.

I am using only stock required, email, and requiredif validations. It
doesn't seem to be affected by anything to do with cookies, if that
matters.

Anybody have any ideas (or can tell me how to ratchet up logging within
the validator component)?! I'm not even sure where, exactly, to start,
but I'm about to dig into the validation code proper and I really don't
want to.

'Tis a tragic thing to discover late on a Friday afternoon, no?

Dave