Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2002/01/30 11:08:23 UTC

Re: Deli Updates

Ovidiu Predescu wrote:

I've checked in these changes, except for the sitemap one, which would turn
on
DELI for all the XSLT transformers.

Some time ago I introduced another transformer xslt-deli, which was an exact
copy of the xslt transformer, except for the use-deli option, which was
turned
on. This would allow us to have two XSLT transformers, the usual one, which
is
a plain XSLT transformer, and a second one which has DELI support added. Is
this a good idea? If so, I'd like to re-add it, as this would fix some of
the
problems we have testing the DELI support.

<<<<

Hi Ovidiu,

the second instance of the xslt-transformer (xslt-deli) was removed because
we only want to have one xslt-transformer configured in the sitemap. We want
to avoid a flood if differently configured xslt-transformers (or any other
components).
For example, the xslt-transformer can be configured in many ways, you can
turn
on deli, the use-parameters flag, the session information support, cookie
access
etc. Now if we start defining a second instance with a different
configuration,
we will end up with several ones as someone will ask, why there is no
xslt-session
or something like that.

So the way to go for our webapp is to give a basic configuration for the
xslt-transformer
(with deli turned off as it is optional). And then you can turn on deli on
the
pipeline where you want the support:
<map:transform src="stylesheet">
  <map:parameter name="use-deli" value="true"/>
</map:transform>

Cheers

Carsten