Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Travis Tabbal <tr...@tabbal.net> on 2006/12/05 01:30:55 UTC

[Axis2] Dynamic data binding?

I would like to build a framework that will allow me to write plug-ins
for the message content. I want them all to do basicly the same
things, but call a handler for processing, rather than doing it in the
WS itself. I also want users to be able to write extra plugins. So
what I was thinking, is to use the WSDL2Java for the databinding code,
and call into it somehow. Can I do something like what the message
receiver that gets generated does? I'm thinking to build a generic
toOM() and fromOM() to handle the databinding and write the actual
service engine based on the style the documentation has for API based
services.

What are the requirements for getting the databinding engine to work?
I would be using the classes generated from WSDL2Java, I just want to
make a more generic version of the translation.

I can get handlers working, but I would like to do something similiar
with the actual data classes and types. I need all of this to be
workable without requiring recompiling the core engine once it's
written.

Does that make any sense? ;)

RE: [Axis2] Dynamic data binding?

Posted by Amit Jha <j_...@vtls.co.in>.
Can anyone help me? I am getting the following message when I tried to
execute the client by the following command.

D:\tomcat\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\classes>java -cp %AXISCLASSPATH%
com.javasrc.webservices.age.AgeServiceClient -l
http://localhost:8080/axis/services/AgeService "Steve" 33

(org.apache.axis.i18n.ProjectR
esourceBundle).

javax/wsdl/OperationT
ype
        at
org.apache.axis.description.OperationDesc.<clinit>(OperationDesc.java
:59)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.addParameter(Call.java:968)
        at org.apache.axis.client.Call.addParameter(Call.java:1003)
        at
com.javasrc.webservices.age.AgeServiceClient.main(AgeServiceClient.ja
va:36)

Amit Jha