Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by pa...@acoss.fr on 2003/04/28 11:04:34 UTC

Réf. : Question about Tomcat 4.1 + SSL w/IBMJDK1.4

Hello,

1/ IBM AIX users ?

1.1/ Tomcat and JDK tuning :

I try to explain our system method with RedHat Linux 7.2 : With Tomcat
(even the first version), you edit your profile file (/etc) and place an
environment variable such as :

#   environment variable for  TOMCAT
#
JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.0_03
TOMCAT_HOME=/usr/webSx2/java/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18
CATALINA_HOME=/usr/webSx2/java/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18
PATH="$PATH:$HOME/bin:$JAVA_HOME/bin:$TOMCAT_HOME/bin"
#
export PATH USER LOGNAME MAIL HOSTNAME HISTSIZE INPUTRC JAVA_HOME
TOMCAT_HOME CATALINA_HOME

So for instance you can point to another JDK such as Jrockit from BEA, this
profile is for all users even Tomcat Users. You also need to tune your
catalina.sh or startup.sh for correct link.

1.2/ your questions :

You don't need to redo Jar files, it's only a matter of JAVA prescription
(app with 1.3 specifs. , JDK must be at least 1.3 specifs.)

 You only need to stop-restart Tomcat with the correct profile and the
correct catalina.sh or startup.sh,

You can transform this shell into a daemon (that's all Folks)

2/ For SSL :

You need to compile your proper Apache SSL (with Linux) , we use Apache
1.3.26, it depends your system platform.

TIA for reply

Patrick ATTALI