Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Yifan Ying <na...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/10 00:20:31 UTC

per topic metrics from new consumer(0.9)

Hi all,

We implemented a MetricsReporter to collect metrics from the new producer
and the new consumer. For the producer, we did see a bunch of topic
specific metrics under "producer-topic-metrics" group. But the consumer
seems not providing any per topic metrics. All I saw are consumer-metrics,
consumer-coordinator-metrics and consumer-node-metrics. These look like
overall metrics for a KafkaConsumer instance. I tried to look into the
code. The consumer's 'metrics 'object seems have sensors collecting per
topic metrics, but I am not sure how these metrics are not reflected in
those KafkaMetrics inside the metrics object. Is there anyway to get topic
specific metrics for consumers, for example, consume rate for a topic.

Thanks.

--
Yifan

Re: per topic metrics from new consumer(0.9)

Posted by Yifan Ying <na...@gmail.com>.
One thing to add, the old consumer(0.8) does provide per topic metrics and
they are under the group, 'ConsumerTopicMetrics'.

--
Yifan