Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org> on 2001/11/15 17:38:36 UTC

Re: Look and Feel

Manish,

manish shah wrote:

> Thanks for the info.
> Actually I want to change the look and feel of the portlets
>
> I want the title color of one of the portlet to be black and other to be
> brown.

Use Skins.

Create a <jetspeed-home>/WEB-INF/conf/local-skins.xreg.  The file should look like skins.xreg.  Define you new skins in local-skins.xreg.

The new skins can use both classes, which are defined in
<jetspeed-home>/css/default.css, color parameters.  I suggest you use
class where ever practical.  I will be adding a
HighlightedTitleStyleClass soon.  Also keep a backup copy of default.css
since it will be overwritten by the Jetspeed WAR file.

> I want to show the maximize buttons etc. for one portlet and no such buttons
> for the other.

I am not sure this is currently possible.  It is some that need to be fixed.

> If there is a way to do it then which file describes it and how am I to
> correctly configure it ?
> (I am using jetspeed-1.3a2 version )

We are working on the documentation,
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/config_guide.html

Paul Spencer

Re: Look and Feel

Posted by Frans Thamura <ft...@yahoo.com>.
Yah do it, and  you must modify several of the velocity templates in
jetspeed.

Such as jetspeed.vm, etc...

I did it, and work well..

I use it in office internally...