Posted to users@flex.apache.org by whityfenix <wo...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/09 14:00:00 UTC

Start air app from another air app on android

Hello,

I have two Air applications and I need to start one from another.
I would like to know what is the best way to do it?

I found the solution that use adobe.utils.ProductManager:
http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/launch-parameters-td882.html#a898
http://blog.everythingflex.com/2009/06/08/open-an-air-application-from-a-2nd-air-application/

It's told that the ProductManager is undocumented and is it available on
mobile devices?

Is it possible to use NativeProcess for this purpose? And how if yes?

Thanx in advance.

Re: Start air app from another air app on android

Posted by whityfenix <wo...@gmail.com>.
Unfortunately this doesn't work for me. I coundn't make it work.
When I issue navigateToUrl(new URLRequest("content:this_is_the_data"));
I see in Logcat that system tries to start an activity registered for the
scheme "content", but for unknown reason nothing happens. (There is also no
difference how to specify the scheme with or w/o slashes).

I put into android part of xml descriptor all the necessary (as I think)
stuff like:

The only thing that works is:

It's really sad that Air doesn't allow to communicate between applications
in convenient manner (I mean LocalConnection). Maybe I can ask community to
consider this issue to bring this functionality in future.

Thanx.

Re: Start air app from another air app on android

Posted by whityfenix <wo...@gmail.com>.
Both are just applications.

Could you please reveal the details.

1. What is the "yourappprefix"?
Whether it's an id tag located in application descriptor xml file or
something else?

2. What is the syntax for vars?
Comma separated list of values?

3. How to get an access to the variables from launched application?

And an extra question: Can I use LocalConnection on Android to communicate
between apps?

Jonathan Campos wrote

Posted by Jonathan Campos <jo...@gmail.com>.

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 7:00 AM, whityfenix <wo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have two Air applications and I need to start one from another.
> I would like to know what is the best way to do it?
>
> I found the solution that use adobe.utils.ProductManager:
>
> http://apache-flex-users.2333346.n4.nabble.com/launch-parameters-td882.html#a898
>
> http://blog.everythingflex.com/2009/06/08/open-an-air-application-from-a-2nd-air-application/
>
> It's told that the ProductManager is undocumented and is it available on
> mobile devices?
>
> Is it possible to use NativeProcess for this purpose? And how if yes?
>
> Thanx in advance.

Jonathan Campos