Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by BenXS <bx...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2010/01/14 09:56:18 UTC

How to avoid "Slow KahaDB access: cleanup took 545" error msg?

When running the current ActiveMQ MessageBroker (under WinXP) the console
shows dozends of notifications like

"Slow KahaDB access: cleanup took 545"

Whats wrong?

How can I avoind these msgs?

Ben

Re: How to avoid "Slow KahaDB access: cleanup took 545" error msg?

Posted by rideallday <ni...@uvic.ca>.
I am also seeing these. I understand that you can set a thrreshold to stop it
logging, but it seems that things slow down or stall while KahaDB performs
an index. Ie- consumers of this broker are blocked waiting for the index to
complete.

This happens when my message store grows to several thousand messages.

Are there any resources or docs on tuning KahaDB? Can I get it to index less
often, perhaps.

The underlying filesystem is a NAS and I'm using nfs4 with a shared disk HA
setup.

I doubled the heap space for AMQ (1024M) and it improved for a while.

Any thoughts would be appreciated as I can't find any docs on KahaDB.

Re: How to avoid "Slow KahaDB access: cleanup took 545" error msg?

Posted by Sebastian Rodriguez <sr...@gmail.com>.
Dear Ben,
There has already been a discussion similar to yours:
http://old.nabble.com/Slow-KahaDB-access-td26594249.html#a26594249

<http://old.nabble.com/Slow-KahaDB-access-td26594249.html#a26594249>You can
have a look at the page dedicated to the KahaDb:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACTIVEMQ/KahaDB#KahaDB-SlowKahaDBaccesslogmessages

You will get more information about this log message.

Thank you very much,
Sebastien

2010/1/14 BenXS <bx...@yahoo.co.uk>

> When running the current ActiveMQ MessageBroker (under WinXP) the console
> shows dozends of notifications like
>
> "Slow KahaDB access: cleanup took 545"
>
> Whats wrong?
>
> How can I avoind these msgs?