Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Leo Simons <ls...@jicarilla.org> on 2004/07/12 17:14:52 UTC

MagicBuilder (was: Re: [RT] Was python a good idea?)

Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Leo Simons wrote:
>
>> Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>>
>>> I tend to agree with most of what has been said in this thread so far.
>>
>> thought I'd chime in: "what he said".
>>
>> I really want to learn python well enough to write more than simple
>> shell scripts using it. Isaid that over a year ago. Here I am, still
>> saying it. One has to wonder whether I'll still be saying it next
>> year. In the meantime, I'm a gump junkie without the Power to Contribute.
>
> Would you like to take care of the MagicBuilder?

Noooo, not another TODO item!!!! :-D

If you add it to jira, it gets pushed on the TODO list, whatever it is.
What's a magic builder? (I'm behind on email again...) Unfortunately
that's still no guarantee for it to get done.

- LSD

Re: MagicBuilder

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Leo Simons wrote:

> Stephen McConnell wrote:

>>> thought I'd chime in: "what he said".
>>>
>>> I really want to learn python well enough to write more than simple
>>> shell scripts using it. Isaid that over a year ago. Here I am, still
>>> saying it. One has to wonder whether I'll still be saying it next
>>> year. In the meantime, I'm a gump junkie without the Power to
>>> Contribute.
>>

>> Would you like to take care of the MagicBuilder?
>

> Noooo, not another TODO item!!!! :-D
>
> If you add it to jira, it gets pushed on the TODO list, whatever it is.
> What's a magic builder? (I'm behind on email again...) Unfortunately
> that's still no guarantee for it to get done.

A magic builder is just a copy of an AntBuilder (ant.py) with some minor
tweaks concerning classpath and properties that are passed to ant.  Adam
Jack provided a summary of the changes needed in this email:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=gump&m=108951401427698&w=2

Cheers, Steve.