Posted to dev@whirr.apache.org by Tom White <to...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/10 07:13:34 UTC

August board report

I've added the following report to the wiki at
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2011. Please let me know if
there are any changes that you'd like to see included.

Thanks,
Tom

----
Whirr

Whirr is a library for running services in the cloud.

Whirr was accepted into the incubator on 11 May 2010. Status
information is available at
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/whirr.html.

Progress since the last report (May 2011): We have made a fifth
incubator release (0.5.0-incubating). We added three committers to the
PPMC. We continue to get contributions from outside the initial
committer base. Whirr was covered in two presentations at the end of
last month at OSCON.

The Whirr PPMC and the Incubator PMC have voted for Whirr to graduate
as a TLP (http://s.apache.org/ZbH, http://s.apache.org/Ebj).

Plans for the next period:
* Perform post-graduation steps.
* Do a sixth release.