Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by lei liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/01 10:31:29 UTC

Many Standby NameNodes for QJM HA

I use hadoop-2.0.5 version, and I use QJM for HA.

I want to there are two Standby NameNodes and one Active NameNode in  HDFS
cluster,

I think I need to config below content:
<property>
  <name>dfs.ha.namenodes.mycluster</name>
  <value>nn1,nn2,nn3</value>
</property>
<property>
  <name>dfs.namenode.rpc-address.mycluster.nn1</name>
  <value>10.232.98.77:20020</value>
</property>
<property>
  <name>dfs.namenode.rpc-address.mycluster.nn2</name>
  <value>10.232.98.78:20020</value>
</property>
<property>
  <name>dfs.namenode.rpc-address.mycluster.nn3</name>
  <value>10.232.98.79:20020</value>
</property>
<property>
  <name>dfs.client.failover.proxy.provider.mycluster</name>

<value>org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.ha.ConfiguredFailoverProxyProvider</value>
</property>

Can I do that?

Thanks,

LiuLei

Re: Many Standby NameNodes for QJM HA

Posted by Jitendra Yadav <je...@gmail.com>.
May be I'm wrong but I think right now there is only one standby NN
facility available.

Thanks

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
You can run such a thing, but we've not tested it out extensively. One
thing that comes to mind is the selection of the checkpointing
service. I suppose both of the standby roles will perform
checkpointing, which may be a slight waste of resources. But other
than such things, fail-overs and active service should work just fine.

--
Harsh J

Re: Many Standby NameNodes for QJM HA

Posted by Jitendra Yadav <je...@gmail.com>.