Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by javaxmlsoapdev <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2011/05/11 13:07:07 UTC

Solr performance

I have some 25 odd fields with "stored=true" in schema.xml. Retrieving back
5,000 records back takes a few secs. I also tried passing "fl" and only
include one field in the response but still response time is same. What are
the things to look to tune the performance.

Re: Solr performance

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
but if you ignore the default field, what would be searched unless you specify
the field?

Which is, as I understand it, your answer. Just specify q=keys:<insert
text here>

Or I completely misunderstand your question <G>

Best
Erick

Re: Solr performance

Posted by Bill Bell <bi...@gmail.com>.
Yes just add fieldname: search string

Re: Solr performance

Re: Solr performance

Posted by Jay Luker <lb...@reallywow.com>.
On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 7:07 AM, javaxmlsoapdev <vi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have some 25 odd fields with "stored=true" in schema.xml. Retrieving back
> 5,000 records back takes a few secs. I also tried passing "fl" and only
> include one field in the response but still response time is same. What are
> the things to look to tune the performance.

Confirm that you have enableLazyFieldLoading set to true in
solrconfig.xml. I suspect it is since that's the default.

Is the request taking a few seconds the first time, but returns
quickly on subsequent requests?

Also, may or may not be relevant, but you might find a few bits of
info in this thread enlightening:
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/documentCache-clarification-td1780504.html

--jay

Re: Solr performance

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.

> "stored=true" in schema.xml. Retrieving back
> 5,000 records back takes a few secs. I also tried passing
> "fl" and only
> include one field in the response but still response time
> is same. What are
> the things to look to tune the performance.

By saying response time you mean QTime in the solr response header?
Latency time is not included in solr's QTime.

Add &debugQuery=on on see which component is taking long.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPerformanceFactors