Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Ellis, Greg" <ge...@tacworldwide.com> on 2004/06/17 18:04:46 UTC

IIS, Tomcat 5, Win2K issue

I am having an issue with connecting Tomcat to IIS 5. I am trying to use the
isapi_redirector2.dll. Everything appears to be installed correctly, I am
getting a green arrow. Tomcat works fine when accessed with the standalone
connector. However, when trying to request the tomcat example context
through IIS, I get a "Cannot find server or DNS error" message. If the
redirector isn't installed I get "Page not found".

The only issue I can think of is that this server has two network cards and
three IP's assigned to it. My question is, should I bind the AJP connector
to a particular address or leave it localhost. Currently it shows up this
way in the stdout.log:

Jun 17, 2004 11:53:00 AM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
INFO: JK2: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
Jun 17, 2004 11:53:00 AM org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/32  config=C:\Tomcat5\conf\jk2.properties

My worker properties files uses this..

[shm:]
info=Scoreboard. Required for reconfiguration and status with multiprocess
servers
file=C:\Tomcat5\temp\jk2.shm
size=1048576

[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
tomcatId=localhost:8009

# Map webapps to the Web server uri space
[uri:/jsp-examples/*]
[uri:/servlets-examples/*]

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

The information contained in this email message is intended only for use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by email (postmaster@tacworldwide.com), and destroy the original message.  Thank you.