Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Thomas Ritter <to...@gmx.at> on 2004/07/01 15:44:58 UTC

Problem with "svnadmin verify"

I have a problem verifying my repository although it's running fine
otherwise:

When verifying it I get the following errror:

* Verified revision 26.
* Verified revision 28.
* Verified revision 29.
* Verified revision 30.
svn: No such string 'lk'
------------------

Any help what's happening and how to fix it ?
I've already done a "svnadmin recover"

The repository is located on a Win2000 Server running
svnadmin, version 1.0.4 (r9844)
   compiled May 22 2004, 02:36:50

and was created by importing it via "svnadmin load ..." from a Linux server
running SuSE 9.1 running
svnadmin, version 1.0.3 (dev build)
   compiled May 19 2004, 09:56:03

regards,
Thomas

--
+++ Jetzt WLAN-Router f�r alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++
GMX DSL-Powertarife zudem 3 Monate gratis* http://www.gmx.net/dsl

Re: Problem with "svnadmin verify"

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
Thomas Ritter wrote:
> I have a problem verifying my repository although it's running fine
> otherwise:
>
> When verifying it I get the following errror:

> * Verified revision 26.
> * Verified revision 28.
> * Verified revision 29.
> * Verified revision 30.
> svn: No such string 'lk'
>
> Any help what's happening and how to fix it ?

Somehow your database became corrupted sufficiently that recovery was unable to restore all data items.

How big is this repository and does it contain confidential information?

If I can get a copy of it, I'll inspect it and attempt to repair.

Max.