Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/06 15:49:41 UTC

changelog-maven-plugin and scm error

changelog-maven-plugin  is failing with an error saying that my cvs
connection string is incorrect.The exact error message is :

[INFO] Generate "Maven Surefire Report" report.
[INFO] Generate "changelog" report.
[INFO] Generating changed sets xml to:
D:\MAVEN-WORK\eportal-domain\target\chang
elog.xml
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] cvs repository connection string doesn't contain six tokens
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: cvs repository connection string doesn't
con
tain six tokens
        at org.apache.maven.util.RepositoryUtils.splitSCMConnection
(RepositoryUt
ils.java:91)
        at org.apache.maven.cvslib.CvsChangeLogGenerator.getScmLogCommand
(CvsCha
ngeLogGenerator.java :123)
        at org.apache.maven.cvslib.CvsChangeLogGenerator.getEntries
(CvsChangeLog
Generator.java:94)
        at org.apache.maven.changelog.ChangeLog.generateSets(ChangeLog.java
:430)

My scm connection string is specified as :
<connection>
   scm:cvs:pserver:mutonj:mutonj@165.148.216.14:/var/lib/cvsroot:dev
</connection>

and this works as it's the same one used by Continuum.
What am I doing wrong?

--

Jeff  Mutonho

GoogleTalk : ejbengine
Skype        : ejbengine
Registered Linux user number 366042

Re: changelog-maven-plugin and scm error

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@mdh.se>.

http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-development-plugins.html

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
There is maintenance work going on on the Apache machines. From
www.apache.org:

"The Apache Software Foundation will be doing some infrastructure work
that will cause some public services to be innaccessible from Saturday,
October 21st through Monday, October 23rd."

--
Dennis Lundberg

Posted by "David J. M. Karlsen" <da...@davidkarlsen.com>.
Sam Anabtawi wrote:
> I have followed the instructions in this thread so far; here is a snippet of
> my pom.xml:
>
> <project ...>
>    <pluginRepositories>
>      <pluginRepository>
>        <id>apache.snapshots</id>
>        <name>Apache Snapshot Repository</name>
>        <url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository</url>
>        <releases>
>          <enabled>false</enabled>
>        </releases>
>      </pluginRepository>
>    </pluginRepositories>
> .
> .
> .
> </project>
>

>   <reporting>
>     <plugins>
>       <plugin>
>         <artifactId>maven-changelog-plugin</artifactId>
>         <version>2.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>       </plugin>
>     </plugins>
>   </reporting>
>

> When I use mvn site, I get this error message:
>
> [INFO] snapshot
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-changelog-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT: checking for
> updates from apache.snapshots
> [WARNING] repository metadata for: 'snapshot
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-changelog-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT' could not be
> retrieved from repository: apache.snapsh
> ots due to an error: Error transferring file
> [INFO] Repository 'apache.snapshots' will be blacklisted
>
> My questions are:
> 1) How do "unblacklist" apache.snapshots so that I can try again
> 2) Is this a temporary issue with
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository, or do I need to be
> looking for the plugin somewhere else?

The site is down for maintaince: http://planetapache.org/
"Apache stuff down at weekend"

--
David J. M. Karlsen - +47 90 68 22 43
http://www.davidkarlsen.com

Re: changelog-maven-plugin and scm error

Posted by Sam Anabtawi <sa...@ipacc.com>.
That did the trick Nate!!

This is my plugin declaration in my pom.xml now.

<plugin>
  <artifactId>maven-changelog-plugin</artifactId>
  <configuration>
    <basedir>${basedir}</basedir>
  </configuration>

Posted by Sam Anabtawi <sa...@ipacc.com>.
That did the trick Stoddarn!!

Posted by Nate <st...@msoe.edu>.

Posted by Sam Anabtawi <sa...@ipacc.com>.
Update

I was able to run mvn scm:changelog and it worked fine. It spammed all the
project commit notes into the console...now if I can only get it tp place
those notes in my site....

Now I think that my current SCM configuration in pom.xml is fine.

This is the declaration it worked with:

  <scm>

<connection>scm:cvs:pserver:username:@cvsserver:2401:/a/cvs:OMS</connection>

<developerConnection>scm:cvs:pserver:username:@cvsserver:2401:/a/cvs:OMS</developerConnection>
    <url>http://repository</url>
  </scm>

Note that I removed the password yet left the : just like some thread
suggested. I also did a cvs login from the command line right before I tried
the above scm.

Still no change-log report though :(

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.
On 10/17/06, Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net> wrote:

> Yes. I don't know when we'll release it, but I think we'll do it shortly because it fix lot of
> issues from the latest version.
>
> Emmanuel

Thanx.You mind posting part of  pom where you're using the snapshot version?

Thanx

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.
Emmanuel here my output from the same terminal :

1)mvn --version
  Maven version: 2.0.4

2)mvn site
 [INFO] Generating changed sets xml to:
D:\MAVEN-WORK\eportal-domain\target\chang
elog.xml
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO] cvs repository connection string doesn't contain six tokens
[DEBUG] Trace
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: cvs repository connection string doesn't con
tain six tokens
        at org.apache.maven.util.RepositoryUtils.splitSCMConnection(RepositoryUt
ils.java:91)
        at org.apache.maven.cvslib.CvsChangeLogGenerator.getScmLogCommand(CvsCha
ngeLogGenerator.java:123)
        at org.apache.maven.cvslib.CvsChangeLogGenerator.getEntries(CvsChangeLog
Generator.java:94)
        at org.apache.maven.changelog.ChangeLog.generateSets(ChangeLog.java:430)

        at org.apache.maven.changelog.ChangeLog.doExecute(ChangeLog.java:369)
        at org.apache.maven.changelog.ChangeLogReport.getChangeLog(ChangeLogRepo
rt.java:263)
        at org.apache.maven.changelog.ChangeLogReport.generateChangeSetsFromSCM(
ChangeLogReport.java:218)
        at org.apache.maven.changelog.ChangeLogReport.getChangedSets(ChangeLogRe
port.java:198)
        at org.apache.maven.changelog.ChangeLogReport.executeReport(ChangeLogRep
ort.java:173)
        at org.apache.maven.reporting.AbstractMavenReport.generate(AbstractMaven
Report.java:117)
        at org.apache.maven.plugins.site.ReportDocumentRenderer.renderDocument(R
eportDocumentRenderer.java:67)
        at org.apache.maven.doxia.siterenderer.DefaultSiteRenderer.renderModule(
DefaultSiteRenderer.java:239)
        at org.apache.maven.doxia.siterenderer.DefaultSiteRenderer.render(Defaul
tSiteRenderer.java:115)
        at org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteMojo.renderLocale(SiteMojo.java:124
)
        at org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteMojo.execute(SiteMojo.java:92)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugi
nManager.java:412)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:534)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLi
fecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:475)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:454)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:140)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)

[INFO] Total time: 2 minutes 25 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Oct 17 11:03:40 CAT 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 48M/508M

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.
In fact I've never run Maven 1 on this build machine

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.
maven 2