Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Parker, Chris" <cp...@cya.ca.gov> on 2005/07/27 17:52:20 UTC

How to add external libraries (first post)

First off, no doubt this has been asked a thousand times - but I can't
seem to find the mailing list archives.  I would appreciate a link to
the archives so I can try to ask unique questions, instead of treading
the same ground again and again.

My problem:  I can't figure out how to add external jars to Maven's
class path.  I'm specifically trying to add the Spring framework,
although I don't think the actual framework is relevant (perhaps it is
though?).

The thing is, I'm *not* trying to add the Spring framework jar into a
finalized jar, instead I'm trying to make sure Maven can find Spring's
classes while testing/compiling.  Currently I get a ton of "[junit]
org/springframework/core/io/Resource" errors.

I'm looking for something equivalent to ant's:
<fileset dir="${spring.dir}">
  <include name="*.jar"/>
</fileset>

Where "spring.dir" is in my build.properties like this:
spring.dir=/home/cparker/repository/spring

Do I need to add Spring to Maven's repository
(/home/cparker/.maven/repository)?  If so how do I do that - or more
specifically, where are the instructions for doing that?

Maven v. 1.0.2 BTW

TIA