Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/23 19:53:24 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton 0.23.0

I have put together a spin for a Qpid Proton 0.23.0 release, please
give it a test out and vote accordingly.

The source archive can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.23.0-rc1/

The JIRAs assigned are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12342974

It is tagged as 0.23.0-rc1.

NOTE: Dispatch 1.0.1 compiles and runs against 0.23.0, but many of its
tests will fail due to the removal of Messenger. Dispatch 1.1.0 will
follow from its master soon and resolve that.

Regards,
Robbie

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton 0.23.0

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 23/05/18 20:53, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> I have put together a spin for a Qpid Proton 0.23.0 release, please
> give it a test out and vote accordingly.

+1, built from source including tests, ran python examples, build
dispatch against it and ran a suite of tests for another system using this

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton 0.23.0

Posted by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>.
+1

- Built from sources and successfully ran the tests (on Fedora 27)
- Built Dispatch Router 1.1.x against 0.23.0 and successfully ran the tests
- Built Dispatch Router master against 0.23.0 and successfully ran the tests

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 24 May 2018 at 12:31, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23 May 2018 at 20:53, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have put together a spin for a Qpid Proton 0.23.0 release, please
>> give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>>
>> The source archive can be grabbed from:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.23.0-rc1/
>>
>> The JIRAs assigned are:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12342974
>>
>> It is tagged as 0.23.0-rc1.
>>
>> NOTE: Dispatch 1.0.1 compiles and runs against 0.23.0, but many of its
>> tests will fail due to the removal of Messenger. Dispatch 1.1.0 will
>> follow from its master soon and resolve that.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Robbie
>
> +1
>
> I checked things overs as follows:
> - Verified the signature and checksum files.
> - Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files in the archive.
> - Ran the build, tests, and installed.
> - Built Qpid Dispatch master against it and ran the tests.
> - Built Qpid CPP 1.38.0 against it and ran the tests.
> - Built Qpid Dispatch 1.0.1 against it and ran the tests. Per the note, many
>   of them failed due to Messenger no longer being present, the rest passed.
> - Ran the Qpid JMS HelloWorld example against the built routers and broker.
>
> Robbie

Additional check: - Built Qpid Dispatch 1.1.0 RC4 against it and ran the tests.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.