Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Owen Corpening <oc...@acornsys.com> on 2005/05/10 16:25:37 UTC

how to build static lib4cxx.lib

not certain, do I use:

ant build -dis-static=true

??

owen

Re: how to build static lib4cxx.lib

Posted by Owen Corpening <oc...@acornsys.com>.
thanks - I am used to doing ant -projecthelp

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
Run "ant usage" fpr help.

Posted by Owen Corpening <oc...@acornsys.com>.
I meant log4cxx.lib

I tried "lib /out:log4cxx.lib *.obj" in the
C:\buildtools\logging-log4cxx\build\debug\shared\log4cxx_obj directory.

It made something that was 20 MB. When I tried to link my app with it i got
lots of unresolved symbols, plus it was no longer trying to create a
AcornActuateCustomActions.dll, not it was making a lib .... but I have to be
creating a dll that is linking statically to log4cxx.lib ...:

[AcornActuateCustomActions] Linking...
[AcornActuateCustomActions]    Creating library
C:\development\head\EPS\Install\
ActuateInstall\actions\Release/AcornActuateCustomActions.lib and object
C:\devel
opment\head\EPS\Install\ActuateInstall\actions\Release/AcornActuateCustomAct
ions
.exp
[AcornActuateCustomActions] AcornActuateCustomActions.obj : error LNK2001:
unres
olved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class
log4cxx::helpe
rs::ObjectPtrT<class log4cxx::Level> const log4cxx::Level::INFO"
(__imp_?INFO@Le
vel@log4cxx@@2V?$ObjectPtrT@VLevel@log4cxx@@@helpers@2@B)
[AcornActuateCustomActions] AcornActuateCustomActions.obj : error LNK2019:
unres
olved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall
log4cxx::spi::Lo
cationInfo::LocationInfo(char const * const,char const * const,int)"
(__imp_??0L
ocationInfo@spi@log4cxx@@QAE@QBD0H@Z) referenced in function
_ValidateActuateiSe
rverSettings@4
[AcornActuateCustomActions] AcornActuateCustomActions.obj : error LNK2019:
unres
olved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall
log4cxx::Lo
gger::forcedLog(class log4cxx::helpers::ObjectPtrT<class log4cxx::Level>
const &
,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
std::allocator
<char> > const &,class log4cxx::spi::LocationInfo const &)"
(__imp_?forcedLog@Lo
gger@log4cxx@@QAEXABV?$ObjectPtrT@VLevel@log4cxx@@@helpers@2@ABV?$basic_stri
ng@D
U?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@ABVLocationInfo@spi@2@@Z)