Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Jake <ja...@bigfoot.com> on 2003/07/09 09:40:42 UTC

RE: spam filtering? (PRAXIS)

Hello Vincenzo,

Your Mailet Contribution is very interesting, especially that you are using *Bayesian filtering for Anti-spam.

I downloaded the zip, and looked for an installation instruction, but didn't see one.  I'm sorry am new to using JAMES, and the Mailet feature.  Hoping somebody could help me on this.   My JAMES server is already running currently (in fact this e-mail passed thru JAMES smtp), and i hope to implement your contribution (http://portale.praxis.it/pub/james/james-praxis.zip).

THanks!

---jake

See http://www.mailet.org/directory.html.

Vincenzo

Re: James + MS Exchnage

Posted by Shal Jain <sh...@intertechsys.com>.
The issue as it turns out is that users are doing a cut & paste from MS Word
into an HTML form.
The offending line is ' 37 CFR § 1.56'.   The input is captured and a string
is constructed w/ the default
platform encoding and then a mail object is created. The  § character throws
off MSExchange Server.

Posted by Hontvari Jozsef <ho...@solware.com>.

James + MS Exchnage

RE: Access to default session denied

Posted by Steve Brewin <sb...@synsys.com>.
Not a James question, so off topic! But it sounds like your JSP is
incorrectly trying to use the session data from your first test on the
second occasion. You can prove this by trying the second test from another
machine. It should work as this won't be holding the session data from the
first test.

I suggest you post the JBoss groups for more info. on how to configure JSPs
and session beans.

-- Steve

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> java.lang.SecurityException: Access to default session denied

See the JavaDocs for javax.mail.Session.getDefaultInstance(Properties,
Authenticator).  That error message comes from inconsistent use of an
Authenticator with the default session.

http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/1.3/docs/javadocs/javax/mail/Session.h
tml

You probably don't want to use the default session at all in a container
environment.  Create and use a session.

	--- Noel

Access to default session denied

RE: spam filtering? (PRAXIS)

Posted by Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vi...@praxis.it>.
Jake,

The installation is in 3 steps:

Open the .zip file:

1) Depending on your choice and your James release, either have the .jar deployed with James, or have the relevant .java files compiled and made part of james.

2) Set up the database tables: you can use the .sql files included, one for MySql and the other for MsSqlServer. Adapt them in order to use other dbms.

3) Update the config.xml file: some info you can find in the javadocs of JDBCBayesianAnalysis and JDBCBayesianAnalysisFeeder. More in http://portale.praxis.it/pub/james/readme.htm.

Vincenzo