Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by jayachandra <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/10 08:18:04 UTC

networking issue over WAN.

Hi guys,
I too am running into a problem with accessing a webservice over WAN.
I successfully created wsdl2java artifacts, by giving the D parameters for
proxyHost, proxyUser and proxyPassword needed and got my artifacts
generated.
However when I'm trying to run a TestClient written to use these generated
stubs, I'm getting "host parameter is null" exception.

These are the series of steps I'm doing.
[[I'm using Axis1.3]]
i) Create WSDL2Java artifacts (giving -Dhttp.proxyHost parameter) by
pointing to the WAN wsdl URL (This WSDL is accessible via browser).
Artifacts got created.
(ii) Extracted a client-config.wsdd and edited it to use CommonsHTTPSender
as http transport
(iii) Used commonshttpclient-3.0-rc2.jar in my classpath and along with it
commons-codec-1.3.jar is also put in classpath.
(iv)Wrote a simple TestClient.java to test a stub based invocation of one of
the methods of the webservice
(v) compiled the artifacts and the TestClient.java
(vi) Ran java -Dhttp.proxyHost=<my.proxy.com> -Dhttp.proxyPort=80 -
Dhttp.proxyUser=<mydomain>\<myuserName> -Dhttp.proxyPassword=<myPasswrod>
TestClient

And after doing this I have the following error appearing on my screen.

***ERROR TRACE BEGIN****
*

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException*: host parameter is null

at org.apache.axis.AxisFault.makeFault(*AxisFault.java:101*)

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.CommonsHTTPSender.invoke(*
CommonsHTTPSender.java:301*)

at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(*
InvocationStrategy.java:32*)

at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(*SimpleChain.java:118*)

at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(*SimpleChain.java:83*)

at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(*AxisClient.java:165*)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(*Call.java:2784*)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(*Call.java:2767*)

***ERROR TRACE END ****

Intially I was using normal HTTPSender, then I was getting the nasty
"connection refused"  error. After moving to CommonsHTTPSender and
commonshttpclient3.0-rc2 I'm getting this error which is better than earlier
one, but something that is not leaving me any clue to resolve it futher. I
came close, very close but not till the destination hence am soliciting your
help.

regards
Jayachandra

--