Posted to dev@excalibur.apache.org by peter royal <pr...@apache.org> on 2004/11/30 01:40:35 UTC

JTA txn managers and datasource component

has anyone done any work with integrating the excalibur datasource into
a JTA transaction manager, specifically JOTM?

basically an XADataSource and XAConnection wrappers would be needed, as
well as enlistment into a Transaction. I like the excalibur data source
with its instrumentation support and would like to continue to use it
with a more robust TM than the hacky thing i have right now :)
-pete

Re: JTA txn managers and datasource component

Posted by hammett <ha...@uol.com.br>.
Posted by peter royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Nov 30, 2004, at 2:27 AM, hammett wrote:
> Yup.
>
> But I had problems with JOTM and Oracle, so I've used Geronimo JTA and
> connector module.
> And I didn't use exc-datasource, I used my own (NIH anti-pattern, I
> guess)

does oracle have its own XADataSource implementation? I'll be going
against Postgresql, so there's no real 2PC involved.

Any interest in having this as an addition to our datasource component?