Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Will Wallace <wi...@yahoo.com> on 2001/09/21 03:25:28 UTC

Re: build problems

I'm getting the exact same "NoClassDefFoundError: is"
using a Debian system w/ JDK 1.3 and I tried checking
it out from CVS several times.  Can anyone give me
aid?

Will

Re: build problems

             From: Bruno Lowagie
             Subject: Re: build problems
             Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 06:24:53 -0700

      Walter Brameld wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I've been trying to build Jetspeed from CVS
for several days now without
      > success.  The instructions are simple enough:
download the sources, cd to
      > the build/ directory, and run sh build.sh war.
 But it never works.  Right
      > now it's dying immediately with a
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError (the
      > class it's looking for is "is", which is
baffling to me).

      I had the same problems, but then I checked out
everything from CVS
      again and now I've got my war-file.

      Remark: this doesn't mean I have Jetspeed
running as it should.
      I had to replace the jaxp.jar and parser.jar
under the tomcat/lib
      directory with the most recent xalan and xerces
jars.

      Now I still have a problem with the database
connection to Oracle.

RE: build problems

Posted by Will Wallace <wi...@yahoo.com>.
With the help of you and Santiago and some folks on
the Ant Dev list I was finally able to get Jetspeed to
build.  Thanks so much for your help!

Will

RE: build problems

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.