Posted to dev@beehive.apache.org by Cliff Schmidt <cl...@bea.com> on 2004/06/29 18:47:20 UTC

FW: Beehive Update

Now that every committer is finally on the Apache beehive-dev
list, I thought I'd forward one of the recent emails I sent
to all the committers about what needs to get done (see below).

I've set up an Incubator status web page to track the issues
that we will need to close out throughout incubation, but
particularly in the next month or so:
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/beehive.html

This page also links to the main project web page, which is
aimed at supporting the dev and user communities.  The site
that's up there now is temporary until we get something with
Forrest set up:
http://incubator.apache.org/beehive/

As the committers should all know, we were originally talking
about using Maven right from the start with everything, but
for a number of reasons it looks like we won't be ready to do
that right away.  So we're going to go with Forrest for now
and then slowly figure out the best way to use Maven, especially
given the testing infrastructure we already have for the
project.  If anyone wants to volunteer to try to accelerate the
Maven plan, please speak up.

I think we're still pretty close to being ready to move
development into Apache by the 15th.  BEA is still working out
some internal infrastructure details to make this happen as
smoothly as possible.  However, in the mean time, there's
no reason why we can't start any development discussions
on this list.  Also, in the mean time, anyone who hasn't
yet faxed in their CLA should do so.  See http://incubator.apache.org/projects/beehive.html
for a summary of the status of all the committers.  Once
everyone has confirmed they've taken care of this, I'll
ask the ASF to confirm they've received them, and we can
make sure everyone has a subversion account in time for
the code drop.

That's all for now.

Cliff