Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Slam Slam <sl...@mail.ru> on 2013/06/03 13:53:12 UTC

question

Good day!

I want to know if it would be legal if I write my own software using Apache OpenOffice compoments. I want to sell my software.

Thanks for answer!

Re: question

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 7:53 AM, Slam Slam <sl...@mail.ru> wrote:

> Good day!
>
> I want to know if it would be legal if I write my own software using Apache OpenOffice compoments. I want to sell my software.

Hi Slam,

We don't provide legal advice.  However, Apache projects try to make
it easy for 3rd parties to take our source code, enhance it and use it
in their own products, including commercial software.

You can read the license for Apache OpenOffice here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/trunk/main/LICENSE

-Rob