Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by smunro <st...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/16 07:51:53 UTC

SQL Server Data Source

Hello,

Small question about pax-jdbc.

I need to support SQL Server and looking at
https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.jdbc I can see there is a
pax-jdbc-mssql feature. I've tried to install this with
<feature>pax-jdbc-mssql</feature> using the latest released
pax-jdbc-features (1.1.0), but I am getting the error:

missing requirement [org.ops4j.pax.jdbc.mssql/1.1.0] osgi.wiring.pac
kage; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc)"]]]

Presumably I am missing something obvious, but the other features I've used
hsql/postgres etc work fine. The reason I ask about the support as well is
because msql is not explicitly mentioned here:
https://ops4j1.jira.com/wiki/display/PAXJDBC/Documentation

Any suggestions?

Stephen

Re: SQL Server Data Source

Posted by smunro <st...@gmail.com>.
As addendum, I've read through this:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/ops4j/egGKedQovSM which was around
two years ago. I figure it's still an issue, but seems like people have
gotten round it easily enough.

Is there any problem with just using a direct sql connection via karaf
rather than using a data source. I know the advantages of a data source
pattern, but I'm curious if there are any issues with the more direct
approach within an osgi bundle?

Stephen

Re: SQL Server Data Source

Posted by smunro <st...@gmail.com>.
Hello JB,

Thanks for the quick response.

Yeah, I tried using
<bundle>wrap:mvn:net.sourceforge.jtds/jtds/1.3.0</bundle> in my feature
file,

but I get the following:

missing requirement [org.ops4j.pax.jdbc.mssql/0.9.0] osgi.wiring.package;
filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc)"]]]

Are there any examples with using a jtds data source? As mentioned, I don't
see it as a supported provider on the pax-jdbc page.

Stephen

Re: SQL Server Data Source

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Stephen,

did you install the JTDS bundle (providing the JDBC driver) ?

Regards
JB

On 06/16/2017 09:51 AM, smunro wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Small question about pax-jdbc.
>
> I need to support SQL Server and looking at
> https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.jdbc I can see there is a
> pax-jdbc-mssql feature. I've tried to install this with
> <feature>pax-jdbc-mssql</feature> using the latest released
> pax-jdbc-features (1.1.0), but I am getting the error:
>
> missing requirement [org.ops4j.pax.jdbc.mssql/1.1.0] osgi.wiring.pac
> kage; filter:="(osgi.wiring.package=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc)"]]]
>
> Presumably I am missing something obvious, but the other features I've used
> hsql/postgres etc work fine. The reason I ask about the support as well is
> because msql is not explicitly mentioned here:
> https://ops4j1.jira.com/wiki/display/PAXJDBC/Documentation
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Stephen

Jean-Baptiste Onofré