Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by David Liles <Da...@kcc.usda.gov> on 2004/11/12 15:30:50 UTC

commons-fileupload problem

I am using the commons-fileupload jar in an application and am experiencing a stream termination error when in our production environment.

This same functionality works without problems on the local laptop where it is being developed, but once the code is moved to production 99% of the time we get an error. The odd thing is that after countless tests last night two of the test attempts worked but all of the others generated an error.

-- ERROR MESSAGE --
2004-11-11 21:58:34 StandardWrapperValve[action]: Servlet.service() for servlet action threw exception
org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadException: Processing of multipart/form-data request failed. Stream ended unexpectedly

Is there a Tomcat setting that should be adjusted from the default regarding socket timeouts? I've set the following values in the <Connector> tag:   connectionTimeout="0" disableUploadTimeout="true"

Any ideas?

Thanks - David