Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Bjørn T Johansen <bt...@havleik.no> on 2005/09/14 11:04:51 UTC

Out of date?

I tried to commit but I got this error message..:

Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Out of date: '/trunk' in transaction '56-1'

All I did before commit, was to add som svn:ignore properties....

Any explanations?

Regards,

BTJ

Bjørn T Johansen

btj@havleik.no

Re: Out of date?

Posted by Toby Johnson <to...@etjohnson.us>.
Bjørn T Johansen wrote:

>Yes, I had commited another file in that directory before I tried to do the commit that
>resulted in the error message...

That's the problem then... even though the end result looks the same,
there's a difference between committing a single file and committing its
parent directory. In this case, the file was brought to the latest
revision, but the parent directory was not.

Re: Out of date?

Posted by Bjørn T Johansen <bt...@havleik.no>.

Patrick Burleson wrote:
> On 9/14/05, Bjørn T Johansen <bt...@havleik.no> wrote:
>
>>Strange... I tried running svn up but then it told me I was already at the latest revision
>>and when I ran svn commit afterwards, I was allowed to commit without any errors....?
>>

>>BTJ
>

> Had you committed anything before that in the same directory? Say
> moving the repository from version 3 to 4. The current directory would
> still be at revision "3" internally. So when you do an update to 4,
> you don't see any changes, but the current directory is now marked at
> being at the most recent version. At least, this is what I think it
> going on, I could be wrong.
>
> Patrick

Bjørn T Johansen (BSc,MNIF)
Executive Manager
btj@havleik.no			Havleik Consulting
Phone : +47 21 69 15 20		Bjørnebærstien 57
Fax : +47 41 13 09 15		N-1348 Rykkinn
Cellular : +47 926 93 298	http://www.havleik.no

Re: Out of date?

Posted by Patrick Burleson <pb...@gmail.com>.