Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Pradeep Kumar <pr...@palindromesoftware.com> on 2008/04/07 00:39:15 UTC

Can any body tell me about how to implement the return functionality

Hi,
 This is the description of the fuctionality:

*Returns*

We guarantee to refund any item you are not completely happy with when you
return it to us in saleable condition within 7 days of receipt. Refunds will
be credited to your original method of payment.

*Returns by Post *

Alternatively, log in to your account and select 'Request a return' from the
'My Orders' section. Click the order number containing the items you want to
return and follow the 'Create return' link next to the order number. Please
select the items you wish to send back to us with a reason for each. Once
you click the 'Create Return' button you will be given a unique Returns
Authorisation Number. Write this number along with your name and address in
the areas provided on the returns label. Peel off the label that comes with
delivery, stick it to the parcel and post it to us *(at your own cost)* so
that we receive it within 7 working days of delivery.

You will get the price of the product and the return delivery charge if you
are returning the product because of any damage to the product or wrongly
delivered product. But in all other cases the customer has to bare the cost
of returning any purchased item.

*Download a return label here.*<http://www.topshop.com/returns/return_label.pdf>

Please remember to ask the Post Office for your proof of posting certificate
and retain it for your reference. The Post Office will stamp this and supply
a reference number starting with the letters PA to prove the item(s) have
been returned. Without this we cannot refund any money if we do not receive
the returned items. The refund will be processed once your goods are
received into our warehouse. Please note that it may take 2-3 working days
for the refunds to show in your account. Each item returned is refunded
separately, and will show on your statement as a refund / credit from
application. You will be refunded on to the card that the goods were
purchased with. If your card expires before we process your refund please
contact our customer services team with your order number, postcode and new
card details.

You can call Customer Services between 10am and 5pm (GMT/BST) on week days.

*UK customers:* 00 44 (0) XXXXXXXXXX

For security reasons, we cannot accept this information via email.

*Note*

Returns by post cannot be accepted without a valid Returns Authorisation
Number. You will be unable to get a Returns Authorisation Code from the web
if more than 7  days have passed since you received the items. If you
experience any difficulties with the online returns process please contacts
us at www.info@application.com

*Returning Goods Bought as Special Offers*

If you return a single item bought as part of a multi-buy discount offer
(for example 'buy 2 for £20.00') you will be refunded the full price of that
item less the total discount given in the offer. If you return all items
purchased with the multi-buy discount you will be refunded with the full
multi-buy value.

For combination purchases ("buy one, get one free" or "get the lowest priced
item free"), you must return any free items or vouchers back for us to
process a refund.

--
With regards,
S K Pradeep kumar

Re: Can any body tell me about how to implement the return functionality

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@iguanait.com>.
Hi,

Can you update and try again.
It is fixed in rev646250

Bilgin

RE: Can any body tell me about how to implement the return functionality

Posted by Nikita Shinde <ni...@amicontech.com>.
Hope the below notes help.

I] Ofbiz Related Documentation Links :

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBENDUSER/Receive+Return

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBENDUSER/Visual+Receive+Returns

II] Steps for Receiving Returns:

** orderId=ATC10121 is shipped.

1> http://localhost/ordermgr/control/orderview?orderId=ATC10121

	Click the “Create Return” button.

2> http://localhost/ordermgr/control/quickreturn?orderId=ATC10121&
 party_id=10052&returnHeaderTypeId=CUSTOMER_RETURN

3> http://localhost/ordermgr/control/makeQuickReturn

	Click “Accept Return” button

4> http://localhost/ordermgr/control/updateReturn

      Here click “Recieve Return” tab.

5> http://localhost/facility/control/ReceiveReturn?facilityId=
WebStoreWarehouse&returnId=10010&externalLoginKey=EL1532945408

6> http://localhost/facility/control/receiveReturnedProduct

Thanks,
Nikita Shinde
Amicon Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Mumbai.

Posted by Pradeep Kumar <pr...@palindromesoftware.com>.
Hi,

I tried it from client side to understand how actually process goes . First
i buy the product and
in ordermgr i made payment and shipment finally i get the product status
completed. After that at client side check the order History where clicking
on view button I moved to next page where i found Request Return link
clicking on which i am getting  error like this:

Error on line 69, column 17 in
component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/order/requestreturn.ftl
orderItem.quantity is undefined. It cannot be assigned to itemCount The
problematic instruction: ---------- ==> assignment:
itemCount=orderItem.quantity [on line 69, column 17 in
component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/order/requestreturn.ftl] ----------
Java backtrace for programmers: ----------
freemarker.core.InvalidReferenceException: Error on line 69, column 17 in
component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/order/requestreturn.ftl
orderItem.quantity is undefined. It cannot be assigned to itemCount at
freemarker.core.Assignment.accept(Assignment.java:111) at
freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:196) at
freemarker.core.MixedContent.accept(MixedContent.java:92) at
freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:196) at
freemarker.core.IteratorBlock$Context.runLoop(IteratorBlock.java:160) at
freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:351) at
freemarker.core.IteratorBlock.accept(IteratorBlock.java:95) at
freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:196) at
freemarker.core.MixedContent.accept(MixedContent.java:92) at
freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:196) at
freemarker.core.IfBlock.accept(IfBlock.java:82) at
freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:196) at
freemarker.core.MixedContent.accept(MixedContent.java:92) at
freemarker.core.Environment.visit(Environment.java:196) at
freemarker.core.Environment.process(Environment.java:176) at
org.ofbiz.base.util.template.FreeMarkerWorker.renderTemplate(FreeMarkerWorker.java:198)
at
org.ofbiz.base.util.template.FreeMarkerWorker.renderTemplate(FreeMarkerWorker.java:163)
at
org.ofbiz.base.util.template.FreeMarkerWorker.renderTemplateAtLocation(FreeMarkerWorker.java:136)
at org.ofbiz.widget.screen.HtmlWidget.renderHtmlTemplate(HtmlWidget.java:96)
at
org.ofbiz.widget.screen.HtmlWidget$HtmlTemplate.renderWidgetString(HtmlWidget.java:139)
at org.ofbiz.widget.screen.HtmlWidget.renderWidgetString(HtmlWidget.java:68)
at
org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ModelScreenWidget$PlatformSpecific.renderWidgetString(ModelScreenWidget.java:782)
at
org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ModelScreenWidget.renderSubWidgetsString(ModelScreenWidget.java:134)
at
org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ModelScreenWidget$DecoratorSection.renderWidgetString(ModelScreenWidget.java:499)
at
org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ModelScreenWidget$SectionsRenderer.render(ModelScreenWidget.java:160)
at
org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ModelScreenWidget$DecoratorSectionInclude.renderWidgetString(ModelScreenWidget.java:529)
at
org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ModelScreenWidget.renderSubWidgetsString(ModelScreenWidget.java:134)
at
org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ModelScreenWidget$Container.renderWidgetString(ModelScreenWidget.java:279)
at
org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ModelScreenWidget.renderSubWidgetsString(ModelScreenWidget.java:134)
at
org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ModelScreenWidget$Container.renderWidgetString(ModelScreenWidget.java:279)
at
org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ModelScreenWidget.renderSubWidgetsString(ModelScreenWidget.java:134)
at
org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ModelScreenWidget$Section.renderWidgetString(ModelScreenWidget.java:220)
at
org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ModelScreen.renderScreenString(ModelScreen.java:142)
at
org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ModelScreenWidget$DecoratorScreen.renderWidgetString(ModelScreenWidget.java:469)
at
org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ModelScreenWidget.renderSubWidgetsString(ModelScreenWidget.java:134)
at
org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ModelScreenWidget$Section.renderWidgetString(ModelScreenWidget.java:220)
at
org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ModelScreen.renderScreenString(ModelScreen.java:142)
at org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ScreenRenderer.render(ScreenRenderer.java:131) at
org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ScreenRenderer.render(ScreenRenderer.java:94) at
org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ScreenWidgetViewHandler.render(ScreenWidgetViewHandler.java:96)
at
org.ofbiz.webapp.control.RequestHandler.renderView(RequestHandler.java:651)
at
org.ofbiz.webapp.control.RequestHandler.doRequest(RequestHandler.java:435)
at org.ofbiz.webapp.control.ControlServlet.doGet(ControlServlet.java:193) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:595) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at org.ofbiz.webapp.control.ContextFilter.doFilter(ContextFilter.java:248)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:210)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:174)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:542)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:151)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:870)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:685)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595) Error rendering included template
at location
[component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/order/requestreturn.ftl]:
freemarker.core.InvalidReferenceException: Error on line 69, column 17 in
component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/order/requestreturn.ftl
orderItem.quantity is undefined. It cannot be assigned to itemCount.

How to solve this?

Posted by Sumit Pandit <su...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Pradeep,