Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Topher Johnson <To...@blastradius.com> on 2008/09/17 20:39:14 UTC

Delay when doing daily checking for updates

The first time I attempt to do a release each day, maven checks for
updates, and it stalls for about 6 minutes for each plugin:

[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'release'.

[INFO] org.apache.maven.plugins: checking for updates from
maven.proxy.radius

<stall for 6 minutes>

[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'release'.

[INFO] org.codehaus.mojo: checking for updates from maven.proxy.radius

<stall for 6 minutes>

[INFO] org.codehaus.mojo: checking for updates from Maven Releases

[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin: checking
for updates from maven.proxy.radius

<stall for 6 minutes>

[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin: checking
for updates from Maven Releases

We have a remote maven repository set up with maven-proxy
(maven.proxy.radius).  Unfortunately, I didn't set it up so I'm having a
hard time figuring out my problem

The box I'm running maven from is able to reach maven.proxy.radius, and
the plugins are there.  If I run mvn with -o, it skips these steps, but
I need it to be running online for other reasons.

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Delay when doing daily checking for updates

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
it seems your maven tries to look for latest version of release plugin.
You will need to lock down your release plugin's version

but having a 5 min delay looking for  release plugin is way too much.

-D