Posted to users@camel.apache.org by ganga_camel <ga...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/05 10:15:20 UTC

File readlock on multiple files in a directory

Hi,

I have a scenario where I need to sftp files from a directory to which files
are being written by another route. I am using file readlock=changed on that
directory. However, the readlock is taken on one file and not all the files.
Hence, when the file component gets the readlock on any one of the files in
the directory, it triggers the sftp component which results in the partial
file transfer of the files to the remote server.

Is there a possibility in camel where we can obtain the readlock on the
directory and once the writing to all the files on that directory is
complete the next step is triggered.

Thanks,
Ganga

Re: File readlock on multiple files in a directory

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
No this is not yet supported. I think there is a JIRA about that
changed readlock to allow to do this holistically over a group of
files.

You can build you own read lock strategy also.

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 6:15 AM, ganga_camel <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a scenario where I need to sftp files from a directory to which files
> are being written by another route. I am using file readlock=changed on that
> directory. However, the readlock is taken on one file and not all the files.
> Hence, when the file component gets the readlock on any one of the files in
> the directory, it triggers the sftp component which results in the partial
> file transfer of the files to the remote server.
>
> Is there a possibility in camel where we can obtain the readlock on the
> directory and once the writing to all the files on that directory is
> complete the next step is triggered.
>
> Thanks,
> Ganga

Claus Ibsen