Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by ddcd <ze...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/18 13:22:01 UTC

How to Add builtin geometry type to SparkSQL?

Hi all,

I'm considering adding geometry type to SparkSQL.

I know that there is a project named  sparkGIS
<https://github.com/drubbo/SparkGIS>  which is an add-on of sparkSQL. The
project uses user defined types and user defined functions.

But I think a built-in type will be better in that we can make more
optimization. I'm reading the code of sparkSQL but it's really difficult for
me. Is there any document that helps?

Thank you!

Re: How to Add builtin geometry type to SparkSQL?

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.
Have you looked into https://github.com/harsha2010/magellan ?