Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Emanuele <rj...@cyan.com> on 2002/11/02 01:02:45 UTC

New Module: mod_auth_mysql_digest

So I took the mod_auth_digest code and munged it to use mysql for
authentication.  Swell.  It works great and we're heavily using it.

I'd like to give it back to the open souce community.  Right now its
just a patch file for mod_auth_digest.c in Apache 2.0.40.  I was
wondering what was the best way to keep the mod_auth_digest code and
mod_auth_mysql_digest code together and up to date with each other?

Things I'm debating...  A home on sourceforge for it if needed.  Its own
site so people can find it.  Ways to get more people using it t find my
bugs.

Thanks for any help and suggestions,

Rob

----
Robert J. Emanuele
Network Programmer
Cyan Worlds, Inc.
rje@cyan.com

RE: New Module: mod_auth_mysql_digest

Posted by James Cox <ja...@imajes.info>.
> > Considering the popularity of MySQL-based auth, I think this would be a
> > great addition to httpd. See:
> >
> >   http://www.securityspace.com/s_survey/data/man.200210/apachemods.html
>
> Cool, no one's cooking up a mod_log_mysql for apache2?

it's in the back of my mind.

 -- james

Re: New Module: mod_auth_mysql_digest

Posted by Oden Eriksson <od...@kvikkjokk.net>.

--
Regards // Oden Eriksson, Deserve-IT Networks

Check the "Modules For Apache2" status page at:
http://www.deserve-it.com/modules_for_apache2.html

Re: New Module: mod_auth_mysql_digest

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 07:21:32AM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org> writes:
>
> > --On Friday, November 01, 2002 16:02:45 -0800 Rob Emanuele
> > <rj...@cyan.com> wrote:
> >
> > > So I took the mod_auth_digest code and munged it to use mysql for
> > > authentication.  Swell.  It works great and we're heavily using it.
>
> > If you'd be willing to write this as an auth provider, I'm sure we
> > might be interested in integrating it in our tree.  -- justin
>
> absolutely

+1 here, too.

Considering the popularity of MySQL-based auth, I think this would be a
great addition to httpd. See:

  http://www.securityspace.com/s_survey/data/man.200210/apachemods.html

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: New Module: mod_auth_mysql_digest

Posted by Oden Eriksson <od...@kvikkjokk.net>.
måndagen den 4 november 2002 19.26 skrev Rob Emanuele:
> I'm making another pass at this code in a week or so.  Is there any
> stable tree that has the new provider code in it or shall I get the
> bleeding-edge code out of CVS?

why no mod_log_mysql

?

Posted by Rob Emanuele <rj...@cyan.com>.
I'm making another pass at this code in a week or so.  Is there any
stable tree that has the new provider code in it or shall I get the
bleeding-edge code out of CVS?

Thanks,

Rob

> --On Friday, November 01, 2002 16:02:45 -0800 Rob Emanuele
> <rj...@cyan.com> wrote:
>
> > So I took the mod_auth_digest code and munged it to use mysql for
> > authentication.  Swell.  It works great and we're heavily using it.

> If you'd be willing to write this as an auth provider, I'm sure we
> might be interested in integrating it in our tree.  -- justin

absolutely

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...

Re: New Module: mod_auth_mysql_digest

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.
> --On Friday, November 01, 2002 16:02:45 -0800 Rob Emanuele <rj...@cyan.com>
> wrote:
>
> > So I took the mod_auth_digest code and munged it to use mysql for
> > authentication.  Swell.  It works great and we're heavily using it.
>
> You might be interested in the new auth provider API which allows precisely
> these sort of things to be handled gracefully without any code duplication.
> Take a look at the current aaa code in httpd-2.0.
>
> If you'd be willing to write this as an auth provider, I'm sure we might be
> interested in integrating it in our tree.  -- justin

+1

Bill

Re: New Module: mod_auth_mysql_digest

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org>.