Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Keith Hughes <ke...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/29 19:43:21 UTC

Moving to Felix 5

Hi folks,

I have been using Felix 4.2.1 for my project for some time and have been
thinking about upgrading to Felix 5.0. Should this pretty much be a drop in
replacement and I just get access to new APIs, or would this require code
changes?

Thanks!
-Keith

Re: Moving to Felix 5

Posted by Keith Hughes <ke...@gmail.com>.
I upgraded today and, if anything, my startup times seem to be faster. But
otherwise, everything seems good.

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 3:55 AM, David Bosschaert <david.bosschaert@gmail.com

Re: Moving to Felix 5

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Moving to Felix 5

Posted by Keith Hughes <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: Moving to Felix 5

Posted by Neil Bartlett <nj...@gmail.com>.
Felix is an implementation of the OSGi specification. As far as I know, a bundle written against OSGi Release 1 in 1998 will still work on today's latest OSGi (Release 6).

Re: Moving to Felix 5

Posted by Keith Hughes <ke...@gmail.com>.
Cool, thanks!

Re: Moving to Felix 5