Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Vinod Patil <vi...@patni.com> on 2004/05/19 06:40:09 UTC

Passing large data in SOAP Message

Hi All,

 A type java:MSG service should have the signatures as
--public Element [] method(Element [] bodies)
--public SOAPBodyElement [] method (SOAPBodyElement [] bodies)
--public Document method(Document body)
--public void method(SOAPEnvelope req, SOAPEnvelope resp)

Now if the XML that i am going to embed in the body of the message is very
large (say abt 3+ Mb) then the output objects of the service methods will be
also be large in size.
And this will lead to memory problems.

What i want to ask is that how do we pass very large XML's in the SOAP
messages...What approach should be taken if one wants to pass very large XML
data in the SOAP message body?

I am currently using the messaging style service ( with signature public
SOAPBodyElement [] method (SOAPBodyElement [] bodies)  ) but i am running
into OutOfMemory problems...
This is because the Document object that we use to construct the
SOAPBodyElement is very large.

Can anyone please guide me regarding the approcah that needs to be taken in
case of passing back huge XML data from a webservice using Axis or any SOAP
Implementation?

Regards,
Vinod