Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jimmy John <ji...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/05 01:21:35 UTC

OffsetOutOfRange Error

Hello,

    We are using kafka version 0.8.1 and the python kafka client.
Everything has been working fine and suddenly this morning I saw
a OffsetOutOfRange on one of the partitions. (We have 20 partitions in our
kafka cluster)

   We fixed it by seeking to the head offset and restarting the app.

   But why would we get such an error during normal course of operations?
isn't the offset a continually increasing number?

thx
Jim

@jimmyislive

Re: OffsetOutOfRange Error

Posted by Shangan Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jim,
Maybe your consumer  lagged behind the current smallest offset. And why it
happened? you might take a look at this ticket

--
have a good day!
chenshang'an

Re: OffsetOutOfRange Error