Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Ryanne Dolan <ry...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/09 15:41:30 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-382: MirrorMaker 2.0

Hey y'all, I'm happy to announce that the PR for "MirrorMaker 2.0" is ready
for review, after a long spell in "draft".

https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/6295

MirrorMaker 2.0 is in the Kafka 2.3.0 release plan. Please take a look so
we can get this merged.

Also, shameless plug: I'm giving a talk on MM2 in a few days at Kafka
Summit London. Hope to see you there.

https://kafka-summit.org/sessions/disaster-recovery-mirrormaker-2-0/

Thanks for the reviews so far!

Ryanne

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-382: MirrorMaker 2.0

Posted by Ryanne Dolan <ry...@gmail.com>.
Hello again, the reviewers and myself want to point out that PR-6295
includes the minor API change discussed in KIP-416, a new parameter in
SourceTask.commitRecord(), since KIP-382 depends on it. Concensus is to not
deprecate anything or alter any existing semantics. I've updated both KIPs
to reflect that one has been rolled into the other. I'm broadcasting this
here in case there are any objections.

Ryanne