Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Ted Dziuba <tj...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/06 23:52:22 UTC

Read SequenceFile from C++?

Does anyone have experience reading a SequenceFile from C++?  I don't
need to write, just read.  I have looked at the RecordIO C++ libraries,
but can't connect this to a Hadoop InputFormat.  I'm using Hadoop 0.14.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ted

Re: Read SequenceFile from C++?

Posted by Owen O'Malley <oo...@yahoo-inc.com>.
On Feb 6, 2008, at 2:52 PM, Ted Dziuba wrote:

> Does anyone have experience reading a SequenceFile from C++?  I
> don't need to write, just read.  I have looked at the RecordIO C++
> libraries, but can't connect this to a Hadoop InputFormat.  I'm
> using Hadoop 0.14.

I don't think anyone has done it yet. If they have, it would be great
to contribute it. If you don't want to support compression, it would
be pretty easy. Block compression would be lots more work...

-- Owen

Re: Read SequenceFile from C++?

Posted by hank williams <ha...@gmail.com>.
I don't have the answer to your question, but I just thought I would
say I miss you at uncov :)

Hank

whydoeseverythingsuck.com